Stampin' Up! Aviary & Lovely As A Tree
One of my customers just met her milestone to earn $50 in free merchandise and I thought that deserved a little something extra. I wanted to send her a special Thank You card so I proceeded to my stamp room and stared at the table. Hmmmmm...... What could I do that was different. Well those of you who follow my blog know I'm all about repurposing stamps for other than their intended image and this was no exception. Who says an old oak tree has to be an old oak tree. What if it were a fern instead! HUH?! A little creative masking and some gorgeous Brights DSP create this monochromatic Thank You card. Thanks Candece!
Don't forget the Featured Items have links directly to the items in my store.
- Aviary Clear Mount (120462) <- Featured Item
- Lovely As A Tree (115026) <- Feature Item
- Hodgepodge Happiness Clear Mount (120570) <- Featured Item
- Basic Black Classic Ink (101179)
- Old Olive Classic (102277)
- Pear Pizzaz Stampin' Write Marker (119801 - set of 5 IN Colors)
- VersaMark® (102283)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Basic Black Card Stock (102851)
- Brights Patterns Designer Series Paper (117155) <- Featured Item
- 5/8'' Black Satin Ribbon (117285)
- Black Brads (119736 - Neutrals Assortment)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Black Stampin' Emboss Powder ( 109133)
- Heat Tool (100005)
- Embossing Buddy (103083) <- Featured Item
- Designer Label Punch (119862) <- Featured Item
- Extra Large Oval Punch (119859)
- Matt Pack (105826)
- Paper-piercing Tool (116631)
Putting It Together Tips:
- Seriously! Invest in the Color Collection DSP Packs. The selection is awesome! I have a confession. I purchased all the color families and completely forgot about them until I discovered them in a box this past week-end. The color coordinated designs add so much class to a card and the selection provides both masculine and feminine options.
- To create the “fern” I actually cut a post it note and masked out the trunk on the stamp before I inked it. Then I removed the post it note and stamped the impression in place. That allowed the trunk to disappear and still allow the lower leaves to drape outside of the cage. Next I dabbed a Pear Pizzaz Stampin' Write marker here and there to give it some depth.
- If you want your brads to line up, first invest in a Mat Pack and Paper-piercing Tool. Then use the template to pre-punch your holes. Here's the trick to getting them to line up ever better. Make sure the tabs on the back of the brads are all going the same way. So for example if the holes are vertical like on this card, make sure the tabs are also vertical. That way the distance may be slightly different between the brads but they are in a perfect line.
- An Embossing Buddy is the only way to be “stray embossing powder” free. It removes static electricity and neutralizes the body oil that makes embossing powder cling to the card stock where you DON'T want it. It's a featured item and a must if you do a lot of embossing!
Now is the time to make your buck count. Sale-a-bration is here with over 75 free product offerings to entice you. Stampin' Up! quality products for free. What could be better? I'll tell you! Credit towards $50 in free merchandise from me. Earn 10 credits and receive $50 in Stampin' Up! Merchandise. Choose your free items from the 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalog, The Occasions Mini, Decor Elements, and Celebrando Creatividad. REALLY make your dollor stretch. If you have any questions, please email me.