Stampin' Up! Petal Card Punch & Got Treats
The minute I saw Mary Fish's miniature box made out of the Petal Card punch. I thought to myself this little baby has potential! I warned Mary I would be using her idea, and of course giving credit where credit was due. I'm not going to go through the steps to make this little baby. I let you go to Mary's Tutorial for that. But at the bottom of the page I'll share with you how I made it my own little “pot o gold at the end of the rainbow!”
Don't forget the Featured Items have links directly to the items in my store.
Click on the pictures to see a larger version.
- Got Treats Clear Mount (120627) <-Featured Item
- Old Olive Classic (102277)
- Certainly Celery Card Stock (105125)
- Old Olive Card Stock (100702)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- 2-Way Glue Pen (100425)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Petal Card Paper Punch (119273) <- Featured Item
- Small Heart Paper Punch (11193)
- Word Window Punch (119857)
- Paper Cutter (104152)
- Bone Folder (102300)
Putting It Together Tips:
- Punch out 3 hearts from Old Olive card stock for each box. Place the heart on the paper cutter with the point and V of the heart over the groove. Using the Bone Folder, score down the line and fold the heart away from the score valley.
- The stem for the shamrock was created by using the heart punch and punching next to the hole on the side of the original heart punch.
- After referring to Mary's video, I suggest before you glue the box together you:
- Imprint the image of the shamrock (inking only the shamrock, not the sentiment) in the square on each box. Make sure the cropped off flap edge is always on the right. Also be sure the concave or valley score side of the Petal Card is facing up when you stamp. This is the outside of the box.
- Holding the scored heart in one hand, apply 2-Way Glue Stick to one half of the heart And place the heart so that the point is to the edge and centered on the flap above the stamped shamrock on three of the boxes.
- Glue the shamrock stem and position in the same way to the fourth side of the box.
- Assemble the box by applying SNAIL to the left flaps and glue the box together. Box fold the bottom to lock in place.
- Imprint the “Got Green?” sentiment on Very Vanilla card stock. Punch out using the Word Window punch positioning the sentiment to the right. Reinsert the punched sentiment into the punch and trim down allowing 1/4'' from the left end to the sentiment. It's time for the “eatin” O the Green!!!
GO TO MY STAMPIN' UP! WEBSITE TO PURCHASE
ALL THE SUPPLIES FOR THIS PROJECT!
Become a StampinStyle Fan on Facebook for advance Notice on All Promos
Check out Mom's Attic for specials on retired Stampin' Up! Stamp Sets!