Refuge and StrengthMojo 125 this week presented a design challenge that I decided to take in a bit different direction. Instead of creating three different focus areas, I decided to play one of those areas down by simply cutting it out of the background paper and matting it. I love the art deco feel of the Nouveau Chic Designer Series Paper. I hope you do too...
Stamp Sets -
- Refuge & Strength (115056)
- Basic Black Classic Ink (101179)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Basic Gray Card Stock (108692)
- Going Gray Card Stock (108588)
- Sage Shadow Card Stock (101563)
- Nouveau Chic Designer Series Paper (115670)
- Butterfly Paper Punch (116629)
- 1 3/8" Square Paper Punch (103375)
- Paper Snips (103579)
- 2-Way Glue Pen (100425)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Stampin' Up! Simple Flower Die (114514)
Putting It Together Tips:
- After matting the background paper on Basic Gray card stock, I positioned the matted verse square on the face of the card and drew a light pencil line on the right side. Then I positioned the 1 3/8" Square paper punch against the line and punched out the square. Matted the square and repositioned it over the "hole" for a flat 3D effect.
- The ribbon was created by cutting a strip of the Nouveau Chic Designer Series Paper and matting it on Basic Gray card stock.
- The flower center is a 1/4" paper punch.
- Every component on this card is matted for dimension.
Go to my Stampin' Up! website to purchase all the supplies for this project!
Check out Mom's Attic for gently used Retired Stampin' Up! Sets at discount prices!