Stampin' Up! Quinceañera &
Lace Ribbon Border Punch
Quinceañera (lit. meaning One (f.) who is fifteen), sometimes called Fiesta de Quinceañera, or simply quince, is the celebration of a girl's fifteenth birthday in parts of Latin America and elsewhere in communities of immigrants from Latin America. This birthday is celebrated differently from any other birthday, as it marks the transition from childhood to young womanhood. The celebration, however, varies significantly across countries, with celebrations in some countries taking on, for example, more religious overtones than in others.
I was so miffed by this challenge. Let's face it. I don't have a lot of lace just hanging around with nothing to do! Then I remembered my Lace Ribbon Border Punch and all was right with the world. (Well it would be when the card was done!
Don't forget the Featured Items have links directly to the items in my store.
Click on the pictures to see a larger version.
- Quinceañera (113820 - Celebrando Creatividad) <-Featured item
- Early Espresso Classic (119670)
- Calypso Coral Classic (122939)
- Calypso Coral Spampin' Write Marker (123002 - set of 5 In Colors) <-Featured item
- Naturals Ivory Card Stock (101849)
- Calypso Coral Card Stock (122925)
- 3/8'' Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon (122976)
- Basic Rhinestones (119246)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Sticky Strip (104294)
- Lace Ribbon Border Punch (122362) <-Featured item
- Crimper (101618) <-Featured item
- Stamping Sponges (101610)
Putting It Together Tips:
- The first thing I need to clear up is that those are not a bunch of little eyes on her head. Those are Basic Rhinestones. I didn't notice how "Night of the Living Dead" that tiara looked until I was writing this post. Suffice it to say it LOOKS like rhinestones in person! (At least the model and the eyes are all looking in the same direction!)
- One of the challenges of gathering card stock is the sheer nature of - well - gathering card stock! I found that if after I punched out the design and sponges the Calypso Coral on the edge, I passed it through the crimper, it created pre-made gathers that were so much easier to work with.
- SNAIL is not strong enough to secure the gathered card stock. Sticky Strip is. That stuff is on that card to stay!
- Our Stamping Sponges are a great little tool. Although you don't see me using them very often, they are perfect for this type of application. Simply cut them in quarters to make a wedge and ink them up. If you wash them right away, you'll have literally years and years of use.
Become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and receive your Starter Kit.
For $175 you'll receive product and business supplies valued at over $340.
Click here for the details!