I thought I would take a little bit of time to talk about one of Stampin' Up!'s mostly overlooked tools - the Stampin' Spots. These are great little money savers that allow the beginning hobbyist or the seasoned professional to own every one of the Stampin' Up! colors* in both Classic and Craft ink types at a fraction of the cost of buying the full size pads. I found these economical little 1" squares perfect for easily inking up small stamps or a small section of a larger stamp. Their size makes them easy to store and easy to use. My approach when I first started out with Stampin' Up! was to buy the Spots and then if a pad went dry, I purchased the full size pad and the refill. That way I could re-ink my Spot and have the refill for the larger pad when I needed it.
*Excluding the current In Color selection
In a nutshell:
- Available in all four color families:
- Bold Brights (105550 - Classic)(105439 - Craft)
- Earth Elements (105551 - Classic)(105438 - Craft)
- Rich Regals (105552 - Classic)(105437 - Craft)
- Soft Subtles (105553 - Classic)(105370 - Craft)
- Substantial cost savings over buying full pad size sets
- Classic = $22.50 (61% savings)
- Craft = $25.95 (67% savings)
- Save more by joining my Stampin-Style Squad!
- Classic Ink Refill = $2.95
- Craft Ink Refill = $4.25
- See pages 156-157 in the Idea Book and Catalog for specific item numbers
I bought an 8" x 10" clear plastic frame at a thrift store for $1. All 48 of my Stampin Spots fit perfectly in it. (See below) I saved the cardboard box that came fitted inside it and use it to cover the Spots so I can turn the whole thing over for storage. This keeps all the ink at the surface of the pad. The full size stamps pads are designed to do this automatically. Easy to store. Easy to use. Need I say more!?
Go to my Stampin' Up! website to purchase all the supplies for this project!