Stampin' Up!'s Island Oasis and Sentimental Journey
The theme for this week's Pals' Paper Arts Challenge is Summer. I don't know about you but when I think of summer, I think vacation. Then I took a look at the Summer Mini set Sentimental Journey and for some unknown reason The Who's Magic Bus came to mind. I'm a child of the 60s and Flower Power was prevalent while I was in high school. Just look at the images from Sentimental Journey - they scream Flower Power. And don't even get me started talking about Island Oasis Designer Series paper! But what a great source for a color palette - FAR OUT!
This is my third installment supporting the results of my poll to determine the top five stamp sets in the Summer Mini. Sentimental Journey was number two. I also used Elements of Style which came in at number 3.
Stamp Sets -
- Sentimental Journey Clear Mount (120075 - Summer Mini)
- Elements of Style Clear Mount (120045 - Summer Mini)
- In A Word (120057 - Summer Mini)
- VersaMark® (102283)
- StazOn® Jet Black Ink Pad (101406)
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink (105216 - returning ink color)
- So Saffron Classic Ink (105213 - returning ink color)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Tempting Turquoise Card Stock (102067 - returning paper color)
- So Saffron Card Stock (105118 - returning paper color)
- Pumpkin Pie Card Stock (105117 - returning paper color)
- Island Oasis Designer Series paper (117173 - Summer Mini)
- 1/4” Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon (109038 - retiring ribbon color)
- White Stampin Emboss powder (109132)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Scallop Oval Punch (114889)
- 1“ Circle Punch (109046)
- Scallop Oval Movers & Shapers (115953 - Punch Windows Set of 4)
- Luggage Tag (114508 - Lots of Tags Sizzlits Set of 4)
- Buttons #5 Sizzlits Die (113440)
Putting It Together Tips:
- My first plan was to use So Saffron Card Stock as is for the matted base of the card, however as I was pulling it together it just looked too - well, BLAH! I used the scrolled vine stamp from the Elements of Style set to create a subtle background with So Saffron Classic Ink. This stamp perfectly mimics the scrolling in the plane, boat, luggage & automobile. TIP: Tone on tone is easy to accomplish when you use the same color ink as the card stock.
- Of course I double matted the card face to pull the same Tempting Turquoise around the card that I used to frame the modes of transportation and the compass.
- The Scallop Movers & Shapers servers perfectly as a matting for the punched Scallop Oval Punch.
- Likewise the big button from the Sizzlits #5 Button die mats the compass punch-out perfectly.
- Using white embossing powder really makes the ”our“ pop in the center of the journey sentiment. The Pumpkin Pie card stock doesn't hurt either!
- One last tip. To use the Movers & Shakers die independent of the card face, cut a piece of card stock the size of the die. Position it over the die but keep the die in the Movers & Shakers base. Otherwise there will not be enough thickness to cut the card stock. Any other combination risks damaging the die.
Purchase any of the top five Summer Mini stamp sets from me
(See Sunday's posting) and I'll rebate your sales tax!
Place a $100 order from me
and I'll send you the new 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalog!
Just pre-order the catalog from me
and I'll pay for the Priority Mail to get it to you!