Stampin' Up! Pink Flamingo and Summer Sun Corduroy Buttons!
This Mojo Monday finds me omitting an element! GASP! With the patterns and textures I chose for this creation, I felt it was a bit cluttered to include all the elements. Can you tell what I left out?
Also starting today through July 1, 2010 I'll be identifying the colors ( and consequently the accessories) that are retiring with the new 2010-11 Idea Book and Catalog. On June 1, 2010 we will also announce the retiring stamp sets. You'll have until July 1st to purchase these little gems if they're your favorite.
Stamp Sets -
- Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
- Kind & Caring Thoughts (115324 - Level 3 Hostess Gift)
- Basic Black Classic Ink (101179)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Real Red Card Stock (102482)
- Summer Sun Card Stock(103124 - retiring)
- Pink Flamingo Designer Series paper (113978)
- Summer Sun Corduroy Buttons (114343 - retiring)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Paper Cutter (104152)
- Designer Label Paper Punch (107590)
- Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch (118073)
Putting It Together Tips:
- This sketch called for little tabs which I did not have. Not sure what to us, I went to my punches. The Designer Label punch was perfect to create small tabs that perfectly housed the small Thank You from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. TIP: With all the sentiments in this projects, stamp first and then cut out or punch!
- I knew I wanted to use something other than a circle in the upper right. The Extra Large Fancy Flower punch was the perfect size, but kind of “flat” and unexciting. Impression folders didn't work as there was either too little or too much texture. Then I got this brainstorm. I drew pencil lines from the center tip of each petal directly across through the center to the opposite side. Then I scored the lines from the outer tip to the center on one side of the flower and from the inner point to the center on the opposite side of the flower. I creased them and popped a corduroy button in the center! Four stacked Stampin' Dimensionals gave the flower enough height to allow the bends in the petals to remain. Perfect!
GO TO MY STAMPIN' UP! WEBSITE TO PURCHASE ALL THE SUPPLIES FOR THIS PROJECT!
Become a StampinStyle Fan on Facebook for advance Notice on All Promos
Check out Mom's Attic for specials on retired Stampin' Up! Stamp Sets!