Stampin' Up! Chalk Talk &
Woodgrain Embossing Folder
Here's another Inspiration Is Everywhere example. This past summer while I was raking the leaves at Camelot I noticed the bark on one of the trees. As you can see the texture is amazing. So I just whipped out my iPhone - yes, I even have it when I'm raking leaves (for just this reason!) - and snapped a pic. Arent the colors and textures marvelous? Well I just had to come up with a card from the pic. AND here it is!!! You may even see a variation on this design for a Holiday card! Hmmmmmm.......
- Chalk Talk Wood Mount (130631)
- Gently Falling Wood Mount (128430)
- VersaMark® (102283)
- Tangerine Tango Classic Ink (126946
- Soft Suede Classic Ink (128978)
- Basic Black Card Stock (121045)
- Basic Gray Card Stock (121044)
- Tangerine Tango Stampin' Emboss Powder (123106)
- Whisper White Stampin' Emboss Powder 109132)
- Stampin' Dimentionals (104430)
- Extra Large Oval Punch (119859)
- Paper Snips (103579)
- Embossing Buddy (103083)
- Heat Tool (129053)
- Sponge Daubers (102892)
- Woodgrain Textured Embossing Folder (127821)
- Fancy Fan Textured Embossing Folder (127751)
Putting It Together Tips:
- To create the bark finish:
- I started by running a piece of Basic Blac Card Stock through the Big Shot using the Wood Grain embossing folder. As usual I flipped Tab 2 out of the way.
- Next I flipped Tab 1 out of the way and ran the Basic Black through a second time using the Fancy Fan folder. In both cases the flat surface of the design should be on top. If you look closely at the pic of the card, you'll see some of the Fancy Fan showing through. This was done to attempt to duplicate the bark on the tree.
- Rub the entire flat surface of the design with the VersaMark pad taking care to get even coverage.
- Next cover the surface with Whisper White embossing powder. Then with your finger tip randomly remove some powder to expose the black card stock below. Heat emboss.
- After the surface cools completely, use your sponge daubers to apply Tangerine Tango and Soft Suede to the embossed surface. Heat set.
- The leaf was stamped on Basic Black using VersaMark ink and embossed using Tanderine Tango Stampin' Emboss powder. Cut out the leaf using Paper Snips (Move the paper not the scissors) and mount using Dimentionals. The same is true for the sentiment, but punch this out using the Large Oval punch.