It's Thursday and that means Pals Paper Arts has another challenge for you! This week it's a color challenge. And in fact it's one of my favorite color combinations. I thought I'd also give you a “taste” of one of my favorite stamp sets in the new Holiday Catalog. Appropriately named, Making Spirits Bright features several cocktails with sentiments that range from Halloween (Bring On The BOOS) all the way to Valentine's Day (Heartini). I wish I could share a pic of the stamp set with you, but that has to wait until August 28. The DSP peeking through the Hexagon Hive reminds me of snow falling!
- The first tip HAS to be for the Hexagon Hive Framelit. I'm sure everyone in the world knows this but me. Nevertheless, I need to make sure. The first time I used this Framelit, I cursed the day I bought it. The die cut was almost impossible to remove without damaging. Then I remembered someone mentioning wax paper. A sheet of this miracle fiber placed between the Framelit and the paper literally makes the die cut fall out of the Framelit. It's amazing!
- The Strawberry Slush hexagons were cut from the Framelit. They fit perfectly in the solid spaces.
- The image is stamped using StazOn® Jet Black Ink. And colored using the fine tip of the Stampin' Write Marker.
- A 2-Way Glue Pen was used to glue the “hive” to the Pear Pizzazz DSP. It has a narrow enough tip to apply glue to even the smallest of paper strips. The sequins are held on using Crystal Effects.
- Since I don't have a corner rounder (yet), I used the corner rounder built into the Envelope Punch Board. Simple!