Stampin' UP! Halloween Scares
It's two days before Halloween. In some ares they are celebrating it tonight, October 29th. And you still haven't come up with a Halloween decoration to adorn your table or window. Well I have one for you that will take a minimum of time and look great no matter where you place it. It involves using one of those LED candles And you can use the candle over and over again using different decor because the decoration actually goes on a piece of vellum that can be removed and stored away for next year. I created one of these last year for the Holidays. You'll notice the difference between the color of the sky in the candle that's lit above and the the one in the smaller inset. You can get pretty heavy handed with the Dapper Denim ink. Give it a try! Totally easy and totally fun.
Step by Step Tips:
- Start by using a piece of card stock vellum. I laid the candle on it's side and traced the candle profile on the vellum. Then it was trimmed down so that it matched the candle profile.
- Cut a circle out of a sticky note using the 1 1/4" circle punch making sure that part of the sticky remains on the circle. Position the circle in the "sky" towards then top of the vellum.
- I used my Sponge Brayer to apply Real Red Classic Ink from the bottom part of the vellum up. It's a very gradual process to build up the color you want. Next Apply Dapper Denim from the top of the vellum working your way down. As the two colors merge in the center, you'll get a purple color. Remove then sticky circle.
- Using StazOn ink, stamp the house, fence, and trees. Make sure you allow enough time for the images to dry before you start to handle the vellum. It takes even longer on vellum.
- Wrap the velum around the candle and affix it using SNAIL. Then enjoy your "BOO"tiful creation! Simple!