Stampin' Up! Warmest of Wishes &
It's a Wrap Holiday
Welcome to the October Pals Hop! This month we're featuring Thank You cards and Thanksgiving inspired cards and projects. You've likely hopped over from Barbara Chatzkel's blog, Take Out Paper Arts. I'm your next stop. Should you hop off course simply CLICK HERE and you'll be back on track!
Here's another one of those projects that I have been wanting to try and I must say I am super pleased with the outcome. Although I love the It's a Wrap series of stamp sets intended for candy wrappers, I don't really make those kinds of projects very often, so I needed to come up with a project that wasn't calorie intensive! This fit the bill perfectly. The small squares measure 3/4'' square and are matted on a 1'' square of Brushed Gold cardstock to create a mosaic background of leaves. This now empowers you to create a whole series of holiday cards using the various stamps in this set! Enjoy!
Clicking on the Featured items will take you right to my store.
Clicking on the images will display a larger image.
- It's A Wrap Holidays Clear Mount (122772 - Holiday Mini) <-Featured item
- Warmest of Wishes Clear Mount Hostess Set (122672 - Holiday Mini ) <-Featured item
- Grateful Greetings (116511) <-Featured item
- VersaMark® (102283)
- Confetti Cream Card Stock (102835)
- Brushed Gold Card Stock (102935)
- Early Espresso Card Stock (119686)
- Pumpkin Pie Card Stock (105117)
- Poppy Parade Card Stock (119793)
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (119685)
- So Saffron Card Stock (105118)
- More Mustard Card Stock (100946)
- Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (109129)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Pumpkin Pie 1/8'' Taffeta Ribbon (119253) <-Featured item
- Anywhere Glue Stick (104045)
- 1'' Square Punch (124094 - Holiday Mini) <-Feature item
- 2 3/8'' Scallop Circle Punch (118874)
- 1 1/4'' Circle Punch (119861)
- Lots Of Tags (114508) <-Feature item
- Little leaves (114511)
- Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
Putting It Together Tips:
- Probably the most important - and best - news I can share with you is that you can use scraps to create the leaves background. It takes such a small piece of paper to imprint the wrappers, and even if the whole wrapper doesn't fit on the paper, you can still use a part of it!
- I used SNAIL to adhere the squares to the Early Espresso card stock but I just eyeballed the spacing. Lay out your card first and position the squares in place. You can fine tune the plavce,emt as you are adhering the squares to the card stock.
- The Stamp-a-ma-jig was crucial in positioning the sentiment on the tag. Die cut the tag first and then use a scap of vellum to make the sentiment impression using the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I used some temprary adhesive to adhere the tag to the work surface as it's kind of small for the Stamp-a-ma-jig to secure it. Place the vellum over the tag aligning the sentiment on the tag and then position the Stamp-a-ma-jig and stamp.
- I placed the sentiment at the end of the tag so the ribbon wouldn't cover any of it up!
- I added some glue from the glue stick to the surface of the card under the wreath and then slid the die cut Little Leaves in place and pressed them into the glue to secure. They are far too fragile to apply glue directly to their surface.
Purchase the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit.
For $175 you'll receive product and business supplies valued at over $340.
During the month of October, receive a
Free Big Shot or $100 in free Stampin' Up! products!
Click here for the details!
Hop along for more inspiring ideas from Mary Fish's Stampin Pretty, the next stop on the October Pals Hop! Thanks for "hopping" by!