Stampin' Up! You're a Gem & A Slice of Life
This week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge is a color challenge using Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, and Crumb Cake. Okay, first off I am not a blue person. Or at least I didn't think I was until I looked in my closet! And then TWO neutrals! Come on!!! Give me a break here! Well I decided I would cheat and do three objects - one for each color. Don't want to show “favorites!” Then this morning at my dermatologist appointment I found out she is expecting her 3rd child! Guess who's getting this card in a few weeks!
Stamp Sets -
Don't forget the Featured Items have links directly to the items in my store.
- A Slice of Life Clear Mount (121952 - Occasions Mini Level 1 Hostess Set)
- You're A Gem Clear Mount (122270 - Occasions Mini) <- Featured Item
- StazOn® Jet Black Ink Pad (101406)
- Soft Suede Classic (115657)
- Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker (120973)
- Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker (120967)
- Baja Breeze Stampin' Write Marker (120965)
- Real Red Stampin' Write Marker (100052)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Soft Suede Card Stock (115318)
- Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper (117163)
- Filigree Designer Brads (112577) <- Featured Item
- Mini Library Clips (109857) <- Feature Item
- Hemp Twine (100982)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Crumb Cake Medium Envelopes (107297)
- 3/4'' Circle Punch (119873)
- 1'' Circle Punch (119868)
- Buttons #5 Sizzlets Die (113440) <- Featured Item
- Crop-A-Dile (108362) <- Featured Item
Putting It Together Tips:
- Although I probably didn't need to use Staz-On ink for the images, I didn't want to risk bleeding. Anytime you use a water based marker to color an image, you risk the water from the marker streaking the black from the outline. Staz-On is designed to prevent that from happening.
- This design sort of evolved. I originally intended for the hemp twin to be a clothesline that the PJs were hanging from, but I didn't like the look, so I decided to make them simulate a picture hanging from a wall. The 3/16'' Crop-A-Dile punch was used to punch holes in the upper corners to thread the hemp twine through.
- One of the best investments for your craft is a punch. It can be the most versatile and time saving tool you will ever own. It sure beats the heck out of trying to cut stuff out by hand!
- Designer Series Paper in itself can be a tool. It works so well to identify complimentary colors and of course matches perfectly with all the Stampin' Up! Color Collections. The selection I used for this card had all three of the colors in it. I even used a complimentary pattern to line my envelope. My March Newsletter will have a chart that lists all the 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalog DSPs cross referenced to the Color Collections' Colors.
GO TO MY STAMPIN' UP! WEBSITE TO PURCHASE
ALL THE SUPPLIES FOR THIS PROJECT!
Become a StampinStyle Fan on Facebook for advance Notice on All Promos
Check out Mom's Attic for specials on retired Stampin' Up! Stamp Sets!