It's Thursday and that means it's time for Pals Paper Arts Weekly Challenge. But this is not just any PPA Weekly Challenge. Sadly this is Pals Paper Arts final challenge. It's been a wonderful ride, but it's time to move on. So with that said, I encourage to head over to the website and add your interpretation of this amazing sketch by Pal Ginger Toivonen. It's your last chance!
I always see the amazing Dynamic Embossing Folder Cable Knit in the standard portrait (vertical) or Landscape (horizontal) position, so I decided to "look at life, how shall I put it? On an angle!" (Extra credit for anyone who can name the Musical that quote is from!) I also have some exciting personal news to share with you. But that will have to wait until Sunday. I posted a Stampin' UP! video HERE that demonstrates the exceptional qualities of this "unique to Stampin' UP!" embossing folder so take a peek and check it out!
Step by Step Tips:
- I started with a 3 1/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock. Lightly spray the card stock with water to make the stock a bit more pliable. Position it on an angle making sure that all four corners will be embossed. I tried to place it so I could duplicate the angel of the sketch. Run it through the Big Shot.
- Cut a 5" x 3/8" piece of Whisper White card stock and imprint Merry Christmas using Real Red Classic Ink. Position it on the Cable Knit component using Tear & Tape adhesive. This tape is super sticky and that's pretty much what's required when you attach anything to a dry embossed image. It's okay to have the tails over hang the edges of the embossed component as you'll trim the tails even with the edge of the embossed image now. Attach this to a standard card base making sure the top, bottom, and left side margins match.
- Using Wild Wasabi Classic Ink, stamp the first set of holly leaves at the top of the white strip on the right side of the card centering it side to side and no higher than the embossed component image top edge. Re[eat this step on the bottom of the right side.
- The next step is totally up to you. You can either measure between the two sets of holly leaves to find the center, or you can eyeball it. Your call. Stamp a set oh holly leaves there. Then stamp a set of leaves between the top and center set, and between the bottom and center set.
- Add the berries using Real Red Classic Ink. Simple!