It's the first Monday of the month and that means it's time for the Stamp Review Crew. We are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators focused on sharing a ton of ideas focusing on a single stamp set. This week we're featuring Foxy Friends. You have likely come from Dawn Tidd on your way through this amazing hop. If you get lost, simply click on the banner for a list of participants and get back on track.
I needed to do something DIFFERENT! The great thing about any of the punches or dies is that you don't have to use them as they were intended. You'll see that a lot in this card! I pulled from several different punches and dies, and also used an embossing folder upside down. Who knew! The end result is a fun to make, fun to see card that's anything BUT “spooky!” BOO!
Step by Step Tips:
- I started with the Woodland embossing folder. I inked it up with Basic Gray Archival Ink on the side of the folder that has Sizzix printed on it. I carefully placed a 4“ x 5 1/4” piece of Whisper White card stock on the inked side, gently closed the folder and ran it through the Big Shot.
- I inked up the two bat stamps from the Spooky Fun stamp set and stamped them on and between the trees. Some Trees I masked to look like the bats were flying behind the trees.
- The black tree canopy was created from the Edgelit that comes with the Detailed Floral Thinlits set.
- The banner is made up of the banner from the Bunch of Banners and the Cupcake Cutouts Framelits sets. The sentiment is from the Spooky Fun set.
- NOW for the bat! I punched out two bodies - one in Basic Black and on in Basic Gray. I positioned the Basic Gray one over the Basic black one to create the gray belly. I turned the whole body upside down and cropped off the gray overlap. This will be used upside down for the bat body.
- Then I cut out two tails and used the oak leaf shaped die from the Flower Fair Framelits set to create the points in the wings. I glued the wings to the body and the body to the card.
- I punched the ears and the nose from the Fox Builder punch and created the mouth with some creative punching from the same punch. The fangs are from the Fox Builder punch in white.
- The eyes are from the Owl Builder Punch.
- Lots of punches! Lots of dies! UNLIMITED choices! Simple!
Be creative! Have fun!
Next stop on the Hop is Holly Stene where she'll
wow you with her beautiful design skills.