It's the first Monday of the month and that means it's time for the Stamp Review Crew. We are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators focused on sharing a ton of ideas featuring a single stamp set. This week it's a set called Vintage Leaves and it is bundle priced with the Leaflets Framelits set to save you 15%. You have likely come from Linda Callahan's blog on your way through this amazing hop. If you get lost, simply click on the banner for a list of participants and get back on track.
Step by Step Tips:
- This is the biggest project I've ever made Measuring 18“ It was so big it didn't fit into my light tent, so I had to take the pic on our covered patio, so the quality is not up to my own standards.
- Learn from my mistake. If you have the ability to cover the entire cone with Pumpkin Pie, it would have been easier to hide the glimpses of white Styrofoam!
- The colors of paper I used were Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Hello Honey, and Crushed Curry. Classic inks Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, and Pumpkin were used to stamp the images along with VersaMark with Gold Stampin' Emboss powder.
- I took one each of the above card stock and cut each piece to measure 5 1/2” x 8 1/2“ Then one half was done in Gold embossing powder and the other half in the appropriate color ink for the color of card stock.
- I did Google searchers on Maple, Aspen, Oak, and Hickory leaf pics and used those to select the appropriate colors for the species.
- They were mounted on a 12” x 3 3/4' base Styrofoam cone using very small headed pins.
- I started at the bottom by wrapping the bottom edge in Hello Honey ribbon.
- All the leaves were pointed down and slightly extended past the base of the cone. As I moved up and started reversing the leaves to that the tips were pointed up. This made it really easy to finish off the top! Simple!
Next stop on the Hop is Shana Gaff where she'll wow you with her beautiful design skills.
Click on the images below to order!