Stampin' UP! Crazy About You
It's the first Monday of the month and that means it's time for the Stamp Review Crew. We are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators focused on sharing a ton of ideas featuring a single stamp set. This week it's a set called Crazy About You and it is bundle priced with the Hello You Thinlits set to save you 15%. You have likely come from Dawn Tidd's blog on your way through this amazing hop. If you get lost, simply click on the banner for a list of participants and get back on track.
- I will preface this by saying the hardest thing about making this card is aligning the scallop circles. So save a picture of this card to refer to later. Maybe add it to your Pinterest account so it's easy to find.
- I started by picking my colors. They are Real Read, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, and Perfect Plum. Stamp two images from each color. Then cut them all in half. Cut one of the red halves in half to create two quarter circles. Do the same to one Perfect Plum circle.
- Cut a piece of 4” x 5 1/4 “ Whisper White card stock and place it in the landscape position. (longest sides are at the top and bottom. Do a dry run so you can get a picture of where each of the pieces go.
- Position a half Real Red circle in front of you with the flat side up. Put glue ONLY on the left side of the half circle. (I only applied SNAIL to the flat edge, but you could glue the entire left side of the piece.) This is done so the last two pieces can slide under this piece. Work your way across the top of the card from right to left positioning. Also I lightly laid the pieces on the card stock. Once you have them all where you want them, then press hard on the entire side of circles. The last circle should be Perfect Plum and the left edge of the circle should fit right to the left edge of the card stock.
- Take one of the quartered Read Red circles and position it so the pointy part of the circle quarter fits perfectly in the left corner.
- The left side starts with Pumpkin Pie positioned so the top edge is even with the top of the card. Then position Daffodil delight, Wild Wasabi, and Pacific Point. The bottom edge of the Pacific Point half circle should align with the bottom edge of the card stock.
- Position a Perfect Plum quarter circle like you previously did with the Real Red quarter circle.
- Position the rest of the half circles following the steps starting with Step 4 along the bottom and right sides of the card.
- When you get to the last Pacific Point half circle, you'll have to slide it under the first Real Red circle. You'll position the Perfect Plum in the corner like in Step 5
- I matted my Whisper White in Black card stock measuring 4 1/8'' x 5 3/8''
- I usually end my instructions with Simple! but in this case I'll end it with Easy! Because this technique is not hard, but it sure is NOT easy! LOL
Next stop on the Hop is Lisa Young where she'll wow you with her beautiful design skills.