Stampin' Up! Wondrous Wreath & Blooming With Kindness
It's the third Monday of the month and that means it's time for the Stamp Review Crew. We are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators focused on sharing a ton of ideas featuring a single stamp set. This week it's a photopolymer set called Wondrous Wreath. You have likely come from Kerry Willard Bray's blog on your way through this amazing hop. If you get lost, simply click on the banner for a list of participants and get back on track.
This was a work in progress until the end. Sometimes I start with a direction and hold true to course. And sometimes I take a detour and end up in a wondrous (no pun intended) unexpected place. The latter was the experience for this project. I hope you like the final destination! ;-)
Step by Step Tips:
- The card front was created using Baked Brown Sugar card stock, VersaMark® ink and White Stampin' Emboss powder. The card front is 3.75" x 5" - considerably smaller than the stamp image. I used my Stampn' Up! grid paper to position it perfectly. Trace the outline of the stamp centered on the grid paper and trace around the block. Next position the card in the center of the traced outline. Ink the stamp and stamp the image, aligning the edges of the stamp with the traced outline. Perfect!
- Photopolymer is the easiest medium to use when positioning images perfectly. I stamped Pistacio Pudding Classic Ink first and then created the accents in Garden Green. Next the flowers were positioned and stamped using VersaMark® and embossed using Calypso Coral Stampin' Emboss powder. I positioned the flowers so the little berries in the center were between the stamped leaves. This keeps the centers white!
- The bow was created by stamping three bows - one in Tangerine Tango and two in Calypso Coral. I cut off the tails from the two Calypso Coral bows and postiond them over the Tangerine Tango bow using a 2-way Glue Pen.
- The Sentiment was stamped on Shimmering White card stock using Garden Green Classic Ink. The ends were notched using the edge of one of the Feathers Framelits dies and then run through the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- The Shimmering White card stock perfectly matches the shimmer of the White embossing powder in the Hardwood background. Simple!