Stampin' Up! Perfect Punches & Celebrations DSP
It's Sunday night and I'm already going through Convention withdrawal! So many incredible ideas, so many incredible friends - old and new, so many incredible changes to my blog you'll see over the coming weeks. I will truly do what the theme for the Convention was - Share What You Love!
On Friday night the Pals that attended the Convention gathered for dinner and did a project swap. The pictures below were taken of my swap. My goal: one stamp set, one Designer Series Paper, and a simple design that was easy to recreate. The one caveat is that I used a ton of punches and Big Shot dies. But I tell my card club that it is always wise to invest in tools, those items that can be used over and over and are truly an investment in your hobby or business. And technically you could always cut these out by hand with a pair of Paper Snips (another good investment) until you had the full battery of punches and dies!
I also created a little Pizza Box perfect to gift these little babies in. Please see the bottom of this post. I plan on making a video with directions on how to create these boxes for any size project.
Stamp Sets -
- Perfect Punches Clear Mount (120516)
- Pacific Point Classic Ink(111837)
- Old Olive Classic Ink (102277)
- Real Red Classic Ink (103133)
- StazOn Jet Black ink (101406)
- Whisper White Scrapbook Card Stock (119952)
- Basic Black Card Stock (121045)
- Old Olive Card Stock (100702)
- Real Red Card Stock (102482)
- Bashful Blue Card Stock (105120)
- Pacific Point Card Stock (111350)
- Celebrations Designer Series Paper (117164)
- Old Olive 5/8” Grosgrain Ribbon (109054)
- Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (109052)
- Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109027)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- 2-Way Glue Pen (100425)
- Big Shot (113439)
- Congratulations - Modern Label Punch (119849) & Movers & Shapers Punch Windows (115953)
- Happy Birthday - Extra Large Oval (119859) & Lots of Tags (114508)
- Thanks - Scallop Oval Punch (119856) & Movers & Shapers Punch Windows (115953)
- Love - Round Tab Punch (119864), Small Heart (117193), & Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402)
- My Friend - Curly Label Punch (119851) & Movers & Shapers Holiday Windows (116821)
- Joy - Scallop Circle Punch (119854) & Extra Large Scallop Circle Punch (118874)
- Pizza Box - Clearits Scallop Rectangle (118872)
Putting It Together Tips:
- I used 12" x 12" Whisper White Card Stock. I scored at 3" and 9" first. Then I cut at the 6" position. Stack the two resulting pieces and cut across the score lines and 3", 6", and 9". The results is eight 3"x3" folded gift cards.
- I work on all my cards flat and then fold them after the card faces are complete. But because these cards are all matted on 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" pieces of card stock, it really doesn't matter. The DSP is cut 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".
- The Scallop Border trim was created by starting with a 3/4" strip of card stock passed through the punch.
- The pizza box window was cut Clearits Scallop Rectangle die after the scoring was done by positioning the clear die in position face down on the paper and securing it with a piece of painter's tape. This ensures the die stays in position. I then flipped the card stock over so that the die was face up and passed it through the Big Shot as usual using the Multi-purpose Platform and cutting plates.