Stampin' Up! Flowering Flourishes
& Itty Bitty Banners
It time for the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge. This time were pairing Crumb Cake, Rasberry Ripple, and Calypso Coral. Although I love these colors individually, incorporating them into a single creation was a bit of a “challenge!” (I guess that's why we it it such!) I turned to Flowering Flourishes, a modern interpretation of flowers, and a DTR inking technique that created a beautiful designer look perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!
Stamp Sets -
- Flowering Flourishes Wood Mount (126365)
- Itty Bitty Banners Clear Mount (126257)
- Raspberry Ripple Classic (126859)
- Raspberry Ripple Stampin' Write Marker (126856 - set of 5 In Colors)
- Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker (123002 - set of 5 In Colors)
- Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker (120967)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- Cajun Craze Card Stock (119864)
- Raspberry Ripple Card Stock (126842)
- Raspberry Ripple 3/8'' Stitched Satin Ribbon (126845)
- Basic Rhinestones (119246)
- Bitty Banners Framelits (129267)
- Delicate Designs Folders (127023)
Putting It Together Tips:
- What fun this card was to make! I love coloring stamps with markers with the anticipation of the finished image. This one exceeded my expectation. Use the brush end of your Stampin' Write marker to add color to the rubber image. I started with Crumb Cake, then Calypso Coral, and finally Raspberry Ripple. Then it's time to do your big bad wolf impersonation - huff on your stamp to moisten the ink without adding too much moisture. Then quickly stamp the image. PERFECT!
- Placing rhinestones were always a challenge until I discovered using the tip of a craft knife to remove the rhinestone from the backing paper and perfectly position it on the project. Place your finger tip on the rhinestone to affix it to the paper while you remove the blade.
- Framelits are the perfect way to give that fussy cut look without any of the time consuming cutting! I especially love it when the Framelits and stamp sets coordinate.
Time's running out on the biggest sale of the year.
Sale-a-bration ends March 22, 2013.
Purchase $50 in merchandise from any active catalog
and receive a free item from the Sale-a-bration catalog.
Plus get a Valued Customer point from me towards
$50 in free merchhandise.