Stampin' Up! Sale-a-bration
& Best Of Birthdays
Welcome to the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge. The sketch this week (provided by our very own resident sketch artist, Margaret Moody) has multiple components. I was a bit taken back by the strucure and initially found it a bit challenging to design around. But then I remembered that each component doesnt have to be completey different. You can use the same color but separate it with texture as I did. Sketches are such a great way to get creative. So just do it!
Stamp Sets -
- Best of Birthday Clear Mount (132929)
- Daffodil Delight Classic (126944)
- Island Indigo Classic (126986)
- Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker (123002 - set of 5 In Colors)
- Island Indigo Stampin' Write Marker (123002 - set of 5 In Colors)
- Pool Party Stampin' Write Marker ((123002 - set of 5 In Colors)
- Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Marker (119677)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Island Indigo Card Stock (122923)
- Calypso Coral Card Stock (122925)
- Pool Party Card Stock (122924)
- Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack (130812 - Sale-a-bration item)
- Anywhere Glue Stick (104145)
- Blender Pen (102845)
- Fancy Fan Folder (127751)
- Paper Snips (103579)
- 1 3/4" Circle Punch (119850)
Putting It Together Tips:
- The circle punch was just big enough to get 95% of the image, but finding a mat was another story. So I used my Anywhere Glue Stick and glued it to a piece of Calypso Coral Card Stock, and then carefully cut a 1/16'' border around the circle with my paper Snips.
- The flag on the left side was another use for my Anywhere Glue Stick. I cut a strip of paper longer and wider than I needed. Placing the end of a piece of ribbon directly on the glue stick, I placed my finger on top and then pulled the ribbon across the glue stick. Then I positioned it on the Island Indigo Card Stock leaving a slight border from the edge. Repeat the process two more times and then trim the flag to size with you Paper Snips.
- The cake candles were colored with the fine end of the Stampin' Write Markers. The cake and platter were colored using Classic Ink pads and a Blender Pen.
The is the best time of year to buy Stampin' Up! For every $50 you spend, you not only get a Preferred Customer point towards $450 in free Stampin' Up! Merchandise from me, but you get free merchandise right away from stampin' Up! Check out the Sale-a-bration catalog link at the top of this post!