Stampin' Up! Curly Cute
& Secret Garden
It's time for another Pals Paper Arts color challenge. This week the magic elixir is Pool Party, Real Red, and Primrose Petal. I love designing my own designer series papers. So when a color combination like this presents itself, it's the perfect opportunity to do just that. It's amazingly easy to do and you'll always have the perfect DSP on hand for your projects because you set the color palette.
Stamp Sets -
- Curly Cute Clear Mount (120510 )
- Just Believe Clear Mount (120453)
- Secret Garden Clear Mount (129144)
- VersaMark® (102283)
- Pool Party Classic (122938)
- Real Red Classic Ink (126949)
- Primrose Petal Classic (125858)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Basic Black Card Stock (102851)
- Pool Party Card Stock (122924)
- 1/2'' Basic Black Scallop Dots Ribbon (124145)
- Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (109133)
- Heat Tool (129053)
Putting It Together Tips:
- Designing your own DSP is easy and fun. Here's how you start.
- Cut to size your card stock and lay it on a scrap piece of paper large enough to take off stamping.
- Start with your lightest color and place an uneven number of images distributed evenly over the paper. I rarely do more than 5 of any image.
- Then take your next lighest color and repeat the process filing in the spaces - again no more than 5.
- Complete the process with your third ink color. And your done.
- A few design tips:
- Remember to stamp off the paper. Dont confine the images to the paper size. Stamp part of the imager on your card stock and part off the card stock. This is what gives the illusion that the design came from a much larger piece of paper.
- I suggest that the images be unique to the color choices.
- Leave white space. Don't feel you have to cover every square inch of card stock. Plenty of white space keeps the design open and airy and prevents a “too busy” finished project.
- I always use the Embossing Buddy to remove any static or body oil from my card stock prior to using the VersaMark® ink and embossing powder. It greatly reduces the stray powder that so often ruins your creations.
- Design you cards with three components for that professional clean look. On this card I have the black ribbon, the sentiment, and the image. Clean and Simple.
It's Sale-a-bration. You' find some great deals on free products and joining Stampin' Up! HERE! Or download the Sale-a-bration brochure HERE! Plus with every $50 you purchase you also get a Valued Customer point with me towards $50 in free Stampon' Up! Products. Check it out HERE!