Stampin' Up! Festival of Prints DSP & Greetings of the Season
It's the 3rd Thursday and time for the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge. I love sketches as they really hone my skills as a paper crafting artist. And this sketch was no different. But I have a confession to make. For over a year I've wanted to use Aviary as a Christmas ornament. I FINALLY am going to use it that way. Every time I looked at this set I thought what a great ornament the one cage would make. A few pearls and rhinestomes and there you have it! Part of making good use of your stamps is repurposing them. Remember when I used this set and the oak tree from Lovely As A Tree as a fern? It's all in perspective!
Stamp Sets -
- Aviary Wood Mount (116956)
- Greetings of the Season Clear Mount (128033)
- VersaMark® (102283)
- Cherry Cobbler Classic (126966)
- Lucky Limeade CLassic (122935)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (119685)
- Lucky Limeade Card Stock (122926)
- Festival of Prints DSP (126904)
- Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (109129)
- Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss Powder (122949)
- Lucky Limeade 3/8'' Puffed Ribbon (122977)
- Basic Pearls (119247)
- Basic Rhinestones (119246)
- Fancy Fan Folder (127751)
- Labels Collection Framelits(125598)
- Blender Pen (102845)
Putting It Together Tips:
- The best tip I can give you is to think out of the box - the clamshell box! Take each stamp and turn it in different directions and see what it looks like. Always keep in mind the shape or item you're looking for and don't be limited by what the item is “suppose” to be!
- You've heard this before from me but it bears repeating. Use your DSP color chart to determine the color palette for your project. You'll find the color chart just below the photo in the annual and mini catalogs.
- I love using embossing powders when I'm using either my Blender Pens or my Aqua Painter. Ther embossing creases a little reservoire to keep colors from bleeding together.
- The easiest way to perfectly position small rhinestones and pearls is to remove them from the sheet using the tip of an exacto knife. You can thyen place them perfectly in place and push down with your index finger to secure them to the design.
Have a happy and safe Holiday
And a prosperous New Year!