Stampin- Up! More Merry Messages &
Lovely As A Tree
This week is a sketch challenge at Pals Paper Arts. Although the sketch is square, the challenge is more about the components, than the shape. One of my class attendees made a comment at the Half & Half class saying that she thought the card would have looked great with a red ribbon on it. I happen to agree so here's a modified version with a red ribbon and sentiment. After all it's not always black and white!
- More Merry Messages Wood Mount (126400)
- Lovely As A Tree Wood Mount (115026)
- Four Seasons Hostess Set Wood Mount (126830)
- VersaMark® (102283)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Basic Black Card Stock (102851)
- Basic Gray Card Stock (121044)
- White Stampin Emboss Powder (109132)
- Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Emboss Powder (122949)
- 3/8'' Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (109070)
- 1/4'' Real Red Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126875)
- Dazzling Details Glitter Glue (124117)
- Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (120902)
- 2 3/8'' Scallop Circle Punch (118874)
- 1 3/4'' Scallop Circle Punch (119854)
Putting It Together Tips:
- Creating a card with three adjacent panels and adding texture can be challenging. I wanted snowflakes, but I was afraid stamping them would make the card too busy. I cut three paneLs and positioned them in different places in the embossing folder. I created interest without being too matchy matchy.
- I knew I wanted a mat of some sort arungf the sentiment. (Honestly the sentiment kept switching back and forth between the circle and rectangle) I used the winter wreath from the Hostess set to create a subtle mat and then punched it out with the 2 3/8'' scallop punch. Then I printed the sentiment with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder and punched that out with the 1 3/4'' scallop punch. Perfect!
- The red ribbon I had was too narrow, so I layered it on the Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon to create the width I needed and the color I wanted!
- Although you can't really see it, I used the Dazzling Details Glitter Glue to enhance the trees. It's the perfect glistening touch to light up snow covered trees in the moonlight!
November 1 through December 16 Stampin' Up! is including your choice of
Brights, Subtles, or Regals stamp pad sets when you purchase the
Starter Kit! That's a $49.95 value on top of the great deal on the
Starter Kit. Test drive the products with no obligation to purchase
anything more. Ask me for details
For a limited time you have the opportunity to purchase single stamps from three of our most popular sets plus some individual stamps from multiple stamp sets!
Check out the SINGLE STAMPS section of my store to see the sets and the individual stamp pricing!