Stampin' Up! Christmas Blessings
Okay, so I've held off as long as I can. It's November 1st and it's time to start making Christmas cards. I love this set because it reminds me of stained glass, so I thought I'd enhance it a bit by doing water coloring on the card to soften the look. Gold Stampin' Emboss powder was the color of choice for the “leading” but Pewter or Silver would have worked just as well. I think black would have been to harsh.
Stamp Sets -
- Christmas Blessings Wood Mount (123807)
- Riding Hood Red Classic (126968)
- Crumb Cake Classic (126975)
- VersaMark® (102283)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- Riding Hood Red Card Stock (111348)
- Crumb Cake Card Stock (120953)
- Crumb Cake 3/8'' Taffeta Ribbon (122966)
- Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (109129)
- Heat Tool (129053)
- Blender Pen (102845)
- Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
- Adorning Accents Edgelits (125595)
Putting It Together Tips:
- I LOVE Blender Pens. We all know they can be used to apply classic inks to card stock from the lid of a stamp pad. It's a great way to get shades of a particular color like I did with the poinsettia. But did you know they can also be used to remove ink from a stamp. After tapping the end of the border stamp in VersaMark ink, I used the Blender Pen to remove the ink from the areas of the rubber stamp I didn't want the ink to be. That's how I got the sprig of holly on the sentiment tag.
- Punching out two Riding Hood Red labels and cutting each one in half - one vertically and one horizontally - I was able to create the perfect mat for my sentiment.
- Lining up a 1 1/4'' strip of Very Vanilla card stock with my Stamp-a-ma-jig made it easy to perfectly position the border stamp along the edge of the card. The inverted Edgelit accents the holly perfectly.
From November 1 through December 16 Stampin' Up! is including your choice of Brights, Subtles, or Regals stamp pad sets when you purchase the Starter Kit! That's a $49.95 value on top of the great deal on the Starter Kit. Test drive the products with no obligation to purchase anything more. Ask me for details
For a limited time you have the opportunity to purchase single stamps from three of our most popular sets plus some individual stamps from multiple stamp sets!
Check out the SINGLE STAMPS section of my store to see the sets and the individual stamp pricing!