Stampin' Up! Reason To Smile
& Papillon Potpourri
It's the Pals Paper Arts Bi-weekly Challenge. This week it's a sketch challenge by our own Design Team member Margaret Moody. Sketch challenges can be so much fun once you realize that just because there's a circle in the upper left and lower right corner of the sketch, it doesn't HAVE to be a circle. That's just a place holder. And MY place holders are butterflies! I love how intricate these butterflies are cut out and I didn't have to pick up a pair of scissors to do it! Check out my Stampin' Tips to see how!
- Reason To Smile Wood Mount (131274 - W 131275 - C)
- Papillon Potpourri Wood Mount (123757)
- Loving Thoughts Wood Mount (125843)
- StazOn® Jet Black Ink Pad (101406)
- Pacific Point Classic (126951)
- Wild Wasabi Classic (126959)
- Water Color Pencils (101879)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Pacific Point Card Stock (111350)
- Wild Wasabi Card Stock (108641)
- Marina Mist Card Stock (119682)
- Daffodil Delight Card Stock (119683)
- Tangerine Tango Card Stock (111349)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
- Blender Pen (102845)
- Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526)
- Fancy Fan Folder (127751)
Putting It Together Tips:
- The focal point of this project is a beautiful aster. This stamp set is offered during the month of July only when you purchase $50 in Stampin' Up! supplies. What a deal! I've included the item numbers for the special pricing under the Stamps header. Of course you can also buy them without meeting the $50 minimum, but then they're around $20. Click here for details. Color it in using the matching stamp or use watercolor pencils like I did here.
- I used Wild Wasabi ink to make the flower impression. That way it doesn't look like a coloring book image. I used watercolor pencils to color the image in and softened them using a Blender Pen.
- The Fancy Fan Embossing Folder is made even moree dramatic with the use of two different colors of card stock and some Pacific Point Classic Ink. I used Snail to hold the Wild Wasabi card stock onto the Marina Mist card stock. Then I inked the Fancy Fan folder with Pacific Point ink and carefully positioned the card stock on the dry side of the folder. Carefully close the folder and firmly hold it together while you position it on the Big Shot. Crank 'er through!
- There's really no magic to cutting out the butterflies. The 2012 Elegant Butterfly punch makes it the easiest part of this card!
Starting May 1st purchase the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit for only $99.
You'll receive product and business supplies valued at $190.
Contact me for the details