Stampin' Up! Christmas Lodge &
Teeny Tiny Wishes
Avant-garde (French pronunciation: [avɑ̃ɡaʁd]) means "advance guard" or "vanguard". The adjective form is used in English to refer to people or works that are experimental or innovative, particularly with respect to art, culture, and politics.
This week's Pals Paper Arts challenge is a sketch challenge by our own Margaret Moody. I love sketches as they challenge me to create around a layout I might never have thought of. This week is no exception. But on top of the sketch challenge, for some reason the 1950's color scheme of hot pink and turquoise jumped out at me. Coupled with the industrial feel of the Brushed Silver card stock, this is no traditional Christmas card, that's for sure. Send one to your avant garde friends!
Clicking on the Featured items will take you right to my store.
Clicking on the images will display a larger image.
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Melon Mambo Card Stock (115320)
- Tempting Turquoise Card Stock (102067)
- Brushed Silver Card Stock (100712)
- Silver Brads (104336)
- Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder (123223)
- Heat Tool (100005)
- Mat Pack (105826) <-Featured item
- Paper-Piercing Tool (116631)
- Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (119976)
- Lots of Tags Sizzlits Die Set (114508) <-Featured item
- Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
Putting It Together Tips:
- Call me chicken, but any time I use Teeny Tiny Wishes, I use my Stamp-a-ma-jig. This tool is invaluable when trying to precisely place any stamp anywhere! And placing Merry Christmas in the center of that tag called for precision!
- Always align the tabs of brads in the same direction. In other words if you want your brads to align perfectly vertically, then make sure the flat tab sides all face left/right. This gives the brads a small variance between each other but the line of brads will be perfect. Using the Mat Pack gives you a template to evenly space your brads.
- Textured Impressions Embossing Folders are perfect for addingh interst without adding attention grabbing details. The focus in this card needed to be the tree. Te tecture adds to it with out detracting from it!
- Lots of Tags is a great die set to buy if you like selection. % different styles of tag meet just about any need for sentiment or small image. Great bang for your buck.
Purchase the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit.
For $175 you'll receive product and business supplies valued at over $340.