Stampin' Up! The Sounding Joy
& Mini Jingle Bells
Welcome to the Pals Paper Arts Weekly Challenge. This week was an easy challenge - the Holidays! And I wanted the project to be as easy as the challenge. So easy I created two, One is subtle and somewhat country, and the other is kind of edgy. I absolutely LOVE this stamp set. It is definitely clean and simple and so are the cards. A few stamps - all from the same set - a little ribbon or linen thread and you're good to go. The set even includes the sentiment for the inside! This would be a great substitution stamp set for the Starter Kit special we have going on right now as you could make all your own Christmas cards from the supplies in the set and still have a ton of products left over - AND a Big Shot. And if you're not a Big Shot kind of person, you can always use another $100 worth of supplies. We ARE crafters after all!!
Clicking on the Featured items will take you right to my store.
Clicking on the images will display a larger image.
- The Sounding Joy Clear Mount (121979 - Holiday Mini) <-Featured item
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Crumb Cake Card Stock (120953)
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (119685)
- Mini Jingle Bells (124116 - Holiday Mini) <-Featured item
- Linen Thread (104199)
- 5/8'' Organza Ribbon (114319)
- Crystal Effects (101055) <-Featured item
- Scallop Trim Border (118402) <-Featured item
Putting It Together Tips:
- This card is so simple, I really don't have many tinps. To tie the Linen Thread, I wrapped the thread around the card stock three times about 1/4'' apart each time. Tied a knot to secure the ends, and then tied a second knot encasing all three threads to bring them together. Then I tied the bow. Leave enough thread to tie a knot to secure the bells on the end.
- Another idea is I used Crystal Effects to seal the knot holding the Mini Jingle Bells to the ends of the Linen Thread. This way they can't fall off!
- The Scallop Trim Border punch is not necessarily required, but I fely it added a little interest to the bottom of the card.
Purchase the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit.
For $175 you'll receive product and business supplies valued at over $340.
Through November 11, 2011, receive a free Big Shot or
$100 in free stampin' Up! products!
Click here for the details!