Stampin' Up! Beyond the Garden DSP &
This week's Pals Paper Arts challenge is a template challenge from our own Design Team member, Margaret Moody. To me a template challenge is the perfect opportunity to incorporate some Designer Series Paper and because there's only about a month and a half left to our Summer Mini, I thought I better feature a paper from that catalog. Beyond the Garden is a wonderfully brilliant paper with both mono and poly chromatic designs. I selected one using Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride, and Rose Red. The DSP serves as a beautiful frame to inspire the message.
Don't forget the Featured Items have links directly to the items in my store.
Click on the pictures to see a larger version.
- Just Believe Clear Mount (120453) <-Feature item
- Blushing Bride Classic (119786)
- Melon Mambo Classic (115656)
- Wild Wasabi Classic (109014)
- Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker (121074)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Garden Green Card Stock (102584)
- Wild Wasabi Card Stock (108641)
- Beyond The Garden DSP (122342 - Summer Mini) <-Featured item
- Subtles Collection DSP Paper Stack (117152) <-Featured item
- SNAIL (104332)
- Dimensionals (104430)
- 1 1/4'' Circle Punch (119861)
- 1 3/8'' Circle Punch (119860)
- Blender Pens (102845) <-Featured item
Putting It Together Tips:
- Convention Tip: While we know that we can use the Blender Pen to extract color from the lid of our stamp pad cases and color images, did you also know you can also use the Blender Pen to extract color from a stamp? That's how I colored the small flower center in the 1 1/4'' circle. I inked the stamp up with Wild Wasabi, and then removed the center color using a Blender Pen. I then used my Melon Mambo Stampin' Write marker to add the center back in. Works like a charm.
- Although Garden Green and Blushing Bride are not in the official color palette for this DSP, Garden Green is the perfect darker shade to Wild Wasabi, and Blushing Bride is the perfect lighter shade to Melon Mambo. If you don't have Melon Mambo, Rose Red is also a great option to use.
- I love matting the 1 1/4'' circle with the 1 3/8'' circle. T allows exactly the same amount of border as my square mats, which is 1/16''
- Did you know that whether you stamp the light flowers over the dark sentiment or the dark sentiment over the light flowers, you get exactly the same result?
Check out the $99 Starter Kit only available for the month of July.
It's a really affordable way to get some great products at about a 45% discount.
Check it out!