Stampin' Up! Matchbox XL Bigz Die
& Thick Window Sheets
Welcome to the March PALS HOP! This month, we're featuring Fabulous Easter and Spring projects for your inspiration! You've likely hopped over from Dawn Gross, Dawn's This & That, I'm stop number 10 on the PALS HOP and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for paper crafted creations from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click here for a list of hop participants and you'll be back on track!
These three little match boxes are great for small gifts for friends and relatives. I love the pop of color the jelly beans (or jelly babies - let's see who knows when we first found out that they were called jelly babies and what were they used for. The answer will be in my next post!) gives it, but you could place milk chocolate Hershey Nuggets in the box and have a beautiful wedding or bridal shower favor. I experimented with the window sheets and loved how you could see the contents without having them spill all over. The Tasteful Trim double sided scallop is the perfect belly band for this project as they look like leaves under the daisy! The plain box was passed through the Square Lattice embossing folder and brayered using Crumb Cake Classic ink. Hoppy Spring!
Stamp Sets -
- Crumb Cake Classic (121030)
- Crumb Cake Card Stock (120953)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Pear Pizzaz Card Stock (119795)
- Wild Wasabi Card Stock (108641)
- Daffodil Delight Card Stock (119683)
- Thick Window Sheets (114324)
- 5/8'' Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon (119958)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- Basic Pearls (119247)
- Brights Designer Buttons (119747)
- Easter Basket Grass
- Big Shot (113439)
- Extended Cutting Pads (113478)
- Extended Premium Crease Pad (117630)
- Bigz Daisies #2 XL Die (114520) <- Featured Item
- Matchbox Die (114890 - Stampin' Up! exclusive)
- Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die (120893 - Holiday Mini - Stampin' Up! exclusive - still available) <-
- Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (118138 - Stampin' Up! exclusive)
- Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (119976)
- Brayer (102395)
- Bone Folder (102300)
Don't forget the Featured Items have links directly to the items in my store.
Putting It Together Tips:
- If you opt to texturize the box bottom, use of the Premium Crease Pad is vital. Under normal circumstances I found I could use the acrylic pads for most scored die cuts. But the depth of the impression is so great with the Square Lattice folder that it literally falls apart at the creases unless you use the crease pad to cut out the die cut.
- A word of caution - texturizing the box bottom with the Square Lattice folder makes it somewhat difficult to assemble the box, so patience is really required. The projects would turn out just as nice without the texture, but I just felt it added another dimension - especially to the white box. For tips on brayering in textured surfaces, see Applying Color to an Embossed Image in the Mike's Minute section.
- After die cutting the Window Sheet band, I found I needed to use my Bone Folder to make the creases crisp. Believe me, once you crease it with the Bone Folder, it stays creased!
Hop along for more inspiring ideas from Sue Bendinsky, My Color Creations, stop number 11 on the March PALS HOP! Thanks for "hopping" by!