Stampin- Up! Love Impressions Rub-Ons & Valentine Defined
Welcome to the January PALS HOP! This month, we're featuring Valentine’s themed projects for your inspiration! If you've hopped over from Angela Richwine, Stampin Away With Angela, I'm stop number 1 on the PALS HOP and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for papercrafted creations from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on the PALS HOP LINE-UP and you'll see the list of hoppers and you'll be back on track!
I've never used Rub-Ons. I always felt it was sort of cheating. After all I consider myself a stamping artist. What's artistic about placing a piece of paper on top of a piece of card stock and rubbing with a popsicle stick! That's just the easy way! Then the light bulb came on! That IS the easy way. WOW!! Okay, I'm sold! Multi color images with the stroke of a stick. Of course there is no popsicle, but I can make concessions!
The card design is from a card I received from my Pal Carla for my birthday! She is also on the HOP. Be sure to check out her blog.
Stamp Sets -
- Valentine Defined Clear Mount (123057 - Occasions Mini)
- Cherry Cobbler Classic (119669)
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (119685)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- Love Impressions Rub-Ons (121886 - Occasions Mini)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (119976)
Putting It Together Tips:
- If you've never used Rub-Ons before this is vital. Be thorough and take your time. Make sure you rub completely over the image and then SLOWLY lift the mounting paper away from the card stock. Check the image to make sure none of it is remaining on the mounting paper. If so, simply lay the paper back down and rub the area to transfer it to the card stock.
- The hearts border from the Valentine Defined set is not quite long enough to reach across the entire card to make sure that where you piece it is behind the rectangle. Measure twice, print once. (well, actually print twice for this project!)
- I had to use the Square Lattice for the background as it added some much needed texture and if you look losely, the image is covered with “kisses!” Perfect for Valentine's Day!
Hop along for more inspiring ideas from Mary Fish, Stampin Pretty, stop number 2 on the Winter Holidays PALS HOP! Thanks for "hopping" by!
GO TO MY STAMPIN' UP! WEBSITE TO PURCHASE
ALL THE SUPPLIES FOR THIS PROJECT!
Become a StampinStyle Fan on Facebook for advance Notice on All Promos
Check out Mom's Attic for specials on retired Stampin' Up! Stamp Sets!