Stampin' Up! Pillow Box Die and Full Heart Punch
As the holiday of love approaches, there may be many folks in your life that you care about, but let's face it. You can't buy an expensive box of candy or flowers for everyone. If you did that, you wouldn't have any money left for stamps! But it would be nice to give them something just to show you care. This 3 part/3D series will give you suggestions for a simple little remembrance that doesn't cost you an arm, a leg, OR a stamp set.
The third and final in this series features the Pillow Box Die and creates a delightful little pocket to fill just about anything - like a string of pearls (not my style) or gold doublooms (more my style**) and of course the perennial favorite, candy hearts. But M&Ms or Reese's Pieces would work great too. Let your imagination run wild!!!
**Address available upon request! ;-)
Today is the inauguration of my “Featured Item” link. Key items used in my projects will have links to my online store to make it easier for you to obtain the stuff to make the stuff!
Stamp Sets -
- Bella Toile (111598) <- Link to purchase featured item!
- Simply Said (115066) <- Link to purchase featured item!
- Melon Mambo (115656)
- Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker (121074)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- Melon Mambo (115320)
- Window Sheet Medium (114323)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- Sticky Strip (104294)
- Big Shot (113439) <- Link to purchase featured item!
- Pillow Box (113466) <- Link to purchase featured item!
- Full Heart Punch <- Link to purchase featured item!
Putting It Together Tips:
- When positioning the heart punch on the pillow box, be sure you allow approximately 1/4'' from all edges to accommodate the SNAIL adhesive necessary to hold the Window Sheet in place.
- After you punch the heart shaped hole in the box, fold the box and you'll see that the tab use to hold the box together shows through the hole. Simply draw a light pencil line on the flap outlining the heart and then open up the box and trim with Paper Snips.
- Use Sticky Strip to secure the Pillow Box seam. SNAIL will not be strong enough to hold the box together when you get candy in it. Also for a more finished look position the Sticky Strip as close to the score line as possible.
- The use of Melon Mambo ink on Melon Mambo card stock gives a very rich tone on tone effect that is subtle while still adding texture.
Now is the time to make your buck count. Sale-a-bration is here with over 75 free product offerings to entice you. Stampin' Up! quality products for free. What could be better? I'll tell you! Credit towards $50 in free merchandise from me. Earn 10 credits and receive $50 in Stampin' Up! Merchandise. Choose your free items from the 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalog, The Occasions Mini, Decor Elements, and Celebrando Creatividad. REALLY make your dollor stretch. If you have any questions, please email me.