Stampin' Up! Studio Sketches & Word Play
Simple and masculine. I know they go together but can I do both in the same card? Once I got started I had a hard time stopping! So I decided to share two cards with you - a serious one and a ”not so“ serious one. I am however going to repeat myself when I say that Travel Journal Designer Series Paper from the Summer Mini is wonderful for masculine cards. And in my opinion Celebrations from the Idea Book & Catalog is a very close second.
Stamp Sets -
- Studio Sketches Clear Mount (122222)
- Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
- Baroque Motifs (113490)
- Word Play Clear Mount (120651)
- Cherry Cobbler Classic (119669)
- Crumb Cake Classic (121030)
- Real Red Classic (103133)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- Real Red Card Stock (102482)
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (119685)
- Soft Suede Card Stock (115318)
- Travel Journal DSP (117156 - Summer Mini)
Celebrations DSP (117164)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Word Window Punch (119657)
- Modern Label Punch (119849)
- Star Punch (119875)
- 1 3/4” Scallop Circle (119854)
Putting It Together Tips:
- I tried to keep “Happy Birthday” in monochromatic groupings. The background features the color Crumb Cake primarily and so I used Crumb Cake for the swirl. The Sentiment and image were both matted and stamped with Cherry Cobbler. This card is asymmetrical. The swirl gives it its balance although it almost appears as a background element.
- Wish Big is just plain fun. A big red candle with a star flame. The sentiment is stamped in Real red, but offset matted with the same scallop circle punch in Cherry Cobbler to give it a bit of a pop. Having trouble figuring out how old YOU are? Pick a number! Or at least that's what the Celebrations paper suggests.
GO TO MY STAMPIN' UP! WEBSITE TO PURCHASE ALL THE SUPPLIES FOR THIS PROJECT!
Become a StampinStyle Fan on Facebook for advance Notice on All Promos
Check out Mom's Attic for specials on retired Stampin' Up! Stamp Sets!