Stampin' Up! Summer Mini & 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalog
The Challenge for this 50th Week is a color challenge. So Saffron, Chocolate Chip & Basic Gray are the colors of choice. This was truly a challenge considering my style is to use ONE dark color as an accent!
So I sat down to create the card and came up with the “Wishes” card. I've been wanting to use Awash With Flowers ever since I used it the first time way back the first of April! This seemed like another perfect opportunity. After I completed this card I remembered one of my OInternet friends asking me if I would incorporate the Motorcycle stamp in the Summer Mini in a ladies card. She said that women also rode motorcycles. So after my “Bike Babe” comment I felt obligated to create a cards for her as well. This color scheme seemed to lend itself perfectly. So as Emeril would say...
Stamp Sets -
- Awash With Flowers Clear Mount (120549)
- Heard From The Heart Wood Mount (111644)
- Motorcycle Wood Mount (117657 - Summer Mini)
- Favorite Thoughts Clear Mount (120048 - Summer Mini)
- Baroque Motifs Wood Mount (113490)
- Basic Gray Classic (109120)
- Chocolate Chip Classic (100908)
- So Saffron Classic (105213)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- Basic Gray Card Stock (121044)
- Chocolate Chip Card Stock (102128)
- So Saffron Card Stock (105118)
- Basic Gray 5/8“ Satin Ribbon (117666 - Summer Mini)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Paper Snips (103579)
- Ticket Corner Punch (119867)
- Scallop Border Trim Punch (118402)
Putting It Together Tips:
- Faced with a color challenge of this sort you can always double your palette by using tone on tone. That's what I did with the Awash With Flowers set. So Saffron Classic Ink on So Saffron Card Stock gives a wonderfully monochromatic effect that gives a sense of class and elegance. Basic Gray adds to that effect.
- I wanted to integrate the sentiment into the theme of the card. It was a piece of cake by turning the sentiment into the stem for a flower. The sideways sentiment adds interest But this card could just as easily be place in landscape mode.
- The Ticket Corner Punch is one of the most versatile tools in the catalog. You can turn a simple square or rectangle into a plaque simply by punching the corners!
- Finding a balance between a motorcycle and a woman's card is quite the feat. I felt the Baroque swirl and Scallop Trim Border gave the card a feminine feel. The swirl could also imply the dust kicked up by a woman biker! And how perfect is Laurel Thatcher Ulrich's quote?!
GO TO MY STAMPIN' UP! WEBSITE TO PURCHASE ALL THE SUPPLIES FOR THIS PROJECT!
Become a StampinStyle Fan on Facebook for advance Notice on All Promos
Check out Mom's Attic for specials on retired Stampin' Up! Stamp Sets!