Happy Together and Branch Out
The minute I saw the Happy Together stamp set I saw a Valentine's Day card. The little birds are perfect for a pairing! And I just had to use the fence idea from my previous posting one more time. This time I ramped it up a bit by "growing"ivy on it! This also a continuation of my Something Old - Something New theme. This time the old set was just recently retired but still one of my favorites.
Stamp Sets -
- Happy Together (114314 - free through the Sale-a-bration Mini)
- Pendant Park (115456)
- Branch Out (113200 - retired from the 2009 Spring Summer Catalog)
- Basic Black Classic Ink (101179)
- Handsome Hunter Classic Ink (105215)
- Certainly Celery Classic Ink (105217)
- Really Rust Stampin' Write Marker (100073)
- Close To Cocoa Stampin' Write Marker (100072)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Handsome Hunter CArd Stock (105122)
- Bashful Blue Card Stock (105120)
- Real Red Textured Card Stock (108698)
- Small Heart Paper Punch (117193 - Occasions Mini)
- Pinking Hearts Border Punch (117649 - Occasions Mini)
- Crimper (101618)
- Paper Snips (103579)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- To create the picket fence, I used a strip of Whisper White Card Stock 11" x 2 1/4" I first stamped the leaves using the Pendant Park tree with HanDsome Hunter and Certainly Celery. Always ink the lighter ink first and then the darker ink. Then I punched the Pinking Hearts border, and then crimped the entire strip. Now is the time to measure the size of fence you need for the card.
- I've started double matting my cards. It gives them really nice finished look. I started with a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Handsome Hunter and the matted a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Bashful Blue on top.
- The hearts, sign, and birds are mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals to get them to pop off the page.
- Two strips of SNAIL applied to the Bashful Blue hold the fence to the card base beautifully.
GO TO MY STAMPIN' UP! WEBSITE TO PURCHASE ALL THE SUPPLIES FOR THIS PROJECT!
Become a StampinStyle Fan on Facebook for advance Notice on All Promos
Check out Mom's Attic for specials on retired Stampin' Up! Stamp Sets!