Stampin' Up! Would You Be Mine & Woodgrain
When I first saw this stamp set, I really didn't care for it much, but since it was one of so very few masculine oriented stamp sets I felt obligated to purchase it. I created this card for Espresso Cielo, the coffee shop Rick and I frequent almost every morning. It's proved to be a VERY wise purchase! The inside sentiment is the same as the stamp set name.
- The lumberjack image was stamped in Memento Ink. DON'T use StazOn! I accidentally stamped the image in StazOn and the Blendability marker inks makes it streak.
- I used Strawberry Slush for the lumberjack's shirt color. Even though Cherry Cobbler is the color of the card stock and the medium Blendability color for the hat, it was just too dark for the shirt. The plaid barely showed up.
- The face and hands were colored with the Blush Skin Tone Assortment and the ax handle and boots are Bronze from the same set.
- The ax blade and beard are Light Smokey Slate and the jeans are Light Night of Navy.
- I used White Stampin' Emboss powder for the sentiment. (Don't forget your Embossing Buddy to eliminate stray powder)
- Crumb Cake is the perfect wood background color for this fun card. Simple!